If you’re migrating content from one content management system to WordPress, you might feel overwhelmed. If you get too overwhelmed, you may do the worst thing possible: give up. Don’t! Instead, try some of these tools to shave time off migrating content:
- Use the out-of-the-box WordPress Importer tool. You can use it to import content from sites already using WordPress, or other systems like Blogger, Tumblr or RSS feeds.
- If you need to import from another system, read the WordPress Codex. It addresses how to import from Drupal, Joomla, and more.
- If none of those solutions work and for some reason you must copy and paste, consider these questions before attempting to copy and paste 10,000 pages of content:
- Is this primary content that’s accessible from the home page navigation? If not…
- Is this secondary content, such as a page accessible from other pages linking from the home page navigation? If not…
- Do you have analytics data confirming this content is now visited or searched for? If not, consider just archiving the content instead of migrating it.