On the fifth day of Christmas, my true love gave to me…Five golden themes!
Here’s five golden themes that won’t cost you any gold. They’re designed from folks I’ve happily purchased themes and tools from before. I’ve found they provide solid documentation on how the theme works and how it can be customized.
- Twenty Sixteen: Yes, I know it’s the default WordPress theme for 2016, but it’s such a good theme to start with. You really could get by with it on its own since it comes with plenty of features out of the box without being overwhelming.
- Illustratr: This theme is great if your content is mostly visual, like photography or illustration. If you’re a visual artist, I’d check this theme out.
- Rowling: I’m not sure why I like this theme so much, but it’s got a professional polish to it right out of the box. This theme would work well for magazine content where you are expecting to have compelling featured images to attract your readers.
- North: This theme comes with a lot of customization features, but I think the biggest selling point is that it works well with SiteOrigin’s free Page Builder plugin, which gives you more drag-and-drop capabilities.
- Storefront: This free theme from WooThemes works well with the WooCommerce plugin, so you can setup a storefront (hence the name) in minutes.
Would you like more information about how to set up one of these themes? Let me know and I’ll try to cover one of them more in-depth in a future article.