- Simple Icons: SVG icons for popular brands, maintained by Dan Leech.
- Vector Emoji: Common Emojis recreated in vector (Adobe Photoshop).
Project & Task Management
- Trello: Trello’s boards, lists, and cards enable you to organize and prioritize your projects in a fun, flexible and rewarding way.
- FocusMusic.fm: beats for work, productivity, flow
Free Stock Photography
Most of these websites offer free photos with Creative Commons 0 (Public domain/no attribution) licenses, meaning you can practically use them anyway you want for free. Be sure to check each image’s license. I also recommend attribution wherever possible, since some of the photographers benefit from publicity (i.e., people will go to them to pay for work).
- Albumarium: The best place to find and share beautiful images.
- Animal Photos
- Free Nature Stock: Royalty-free Nature Stock Photos.
- ISO Republic
- Jay Mantri
- Kaboom Pics
- Life of Pix
- New Old Stock
- Pickup Image
- Picography: Free images to use however you like.
- Public Domain Archive
- Realistic Shots
- Startup Stock Photos
- Stokpic: Free stock photos for commercial use.
- Travel Coffee Book: Sharing beautiful travel moments.
Free Stock Video
- Bottled Video: Free footage for the masses
- Distill: Curated HD Video Free For Your Personal and Commercial Use
- Pexels: Completely free stock videos
- Pond5: The world’s largest royalty-free footage collection
- Stock Video
- Videvo: Completely free HD stock footage and motion graphics for any project
- Videezy: Free HD Stock Footage & 4K Videos
- Vidsplay: Totally free stock footage
Style Guides and Design Patterns
- Style Tiles: a design deliverable consisting of fonts, colors and interface elements that communicate the essence of a visual brand for the web.
- Codepen Design Patterns: Ideas, inspiration and examples for your own projects.
- Find Guidelines: Get style and branding guidelines for Facebook, Twitter, etc.
- Frontify: Create beautiful online style guides.
- Brad Frost’s article on creating a User Interface inventory.
- Poor Man’s Style Guide: Handy for copying and pasting into a non-public page so you can see styling.
- Website Style Guide Resources: articles, books, podcasts, tools, and more.
- Stylify Me: Automatically generates a style guide based off what’s on your current website.
- Typekit (Free and premium with Adobe Creative Cloud subscription)
- DaFont (Free)
- Font Squirrel (Free)
- Google Fonts (Free)
- Type Anything: a simple tool to create great font combinations.
- CSS Font Stack: Web safe font families.