If you use Adobe InDesign for designing pages, books, newsletters, or anything else, here’s some resources that I’ve gathered. I’ll post more as I find them.
Blogs and forums
- InDesignSecrets.com: The world’s #1 resource for all things InDesign.
- Document Geek: Tutorials specializing in long documents, print production, InDesign, Acrobat, and more.
- The Graphic Mac
- Indiscripts: InDesign Scripting playground
- Adobe’s InDesign Forum
Videos and courses
- Lynda.com InDesign courses: After a major career change*, these courses helped me go from an novice to pro in using InDesign. Look especially for the courses taught by Anne-Marie Concepción and David Blatner.
- Adobe Creative Cloud on YouTube
- Terry White on YouTube: Terry often covers Photoshop and other Adobe products, but occasionally covers InDesign.
Note: Use these scripts at your own risk, since you’re programming InDesign (and perhaps other applications) to do things automatically.
- Keith Gilbert’s InDesign Scripting Made Easy course on Lynda.com. A must watch if you’re exploring scripting.
- Pete Kahrel’s InDesign scripts
- In-tools.com InDesign scripts
- InDesignSecrets.com plug-ins and scripts plus a post about what the default InDesign scripts do.
- Ajar Productions scripts
- Gilbert Consulting’s scripts
- InDesign Scripting forum at Adobe
- InDesign ExtendScript API: This is an HTML equivalent of the ExtendScript Toolkit Object Model Viewer, which breaks down every programmable object and attribute. The advantage of the HTML version is that it’s faster to use than the built-in ExtendScript Toolkit version (which I believe runs on Flex, an old UI that uses Flash for rendering).